Sunday, July 20, 2008

Murmurings: Introduction


Art is simply that, art. I wish there were formulas to make my work easier or a magic brush from which glorious paintings would automatically flow, but, so far, I have found none of the above. So anything I put down here is drawn from experience which never ceases to expand as each drawing or painting is successfully completed or tossed. There have been a shameful number in the tossed category. There are also quite a few "unfinished" works that hang around in hopes that I will get back to them and give them life. However, most of them are on life support with little hope of recovery. It's been said that good paintings come from experience and experience comes from a lot of bad paintings. Becoming a good artist is a journey. One should rejoice even in the less than successful paintings as they are stepping stones to better works.

No comments: